From Rome to Byzantium to Egypt, ancient cultures have used chamomile for a long list of beauty treatments. The tea and essential oil of the flower have been used to soothe eyes, clarify hair, and repair skin. For many years Shea Terra founder, Tammie Umbel, recommended using warm bags of chamomile tea to relieve under-eye puffiness.
After years of her love affair with chamomile, Tammie commissioned a project to press the precious oil from chamomile seeds. Chamomile had long been available as an essential oil, but not as a cold pressed oil. Unlike chamomile essential oil, which is distilled from the seed, our chamomile extra virgin oil is the whole, complete oil cold pressed from the seeds of the chamomile flower. This process produces a thick, emollient oil that preserves the fragile vitamins and phytonutrients of the plant. Shea Terra is one of the few sellers of pure, cold pressed chamomile oil.
Many of our maturing customers complain that nothing effectively helps their dry skin. Well, this is the perfect oil for aging skin types that need a heavier oil. Our Egyptian Chamomile Oil produces a rich, thick oil that covers the skin in a protective cocoon and give it a healthy glow. It’s calming, soothing, anti-inflammatory properties also make it a great solution for rashes, chapped skin and eczema. You can even add several drops of this oil to the scalp and brush through the hair to condition and help improve shine.
Features & Benefits
- Youthful Glow & Soft, Shiny Hair: A rich, thick, emollient oil that covers skin in a protective cocoon to give it a healthy glow. You can even add several drops of chamomile oil to the scalp and brush through the hair to condition and improve shine.
- Calming, Soothing, Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Perfect oil for aging skin that needs a heavier oil. Also offers a great solution to calm and soothe eczema, rashes and dry, chapped skin.
- Cold Pressed to Retain Potency: Unlike essential oils or infused oils, our oils are cold pressed by hand from the seed and aren’t refined or deodorized. This method preserves the fragile vitamins and phytonutrients of the plant.
- Strong Ties with Local Inhabitants: Since early 2000 we’ve traveled from village to village seeking the best quality seeds available for our oils. We’ve developed strong relationships with the local inhabitants who wild harvest our organic seeds.
- No Nasties: Our products are free of parabens, SLS, sulfates, phthalates, alcohol, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petroleum, recycled water, and synthetic fragrance & dyes; we practice fair trade and our products are cruelty-free and conflict-free.
Organic Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Egyptian Chamomile Oil