Weleda Mother Perineum Massage Oil is a totally natural massage oil to help you prepare for the birth of your baby. In fact, the birth of a baby is probably the most important moment in a mother’s life. However, this moment can be marked pains and damages that can be prevented. Therefore, Weleda created this natural oil to help prevent cuts on intimate sensitive skin. In detail, the main ingredients are jojoba, sunflower, and sweet almond oils, which together will improve the flexibility of the skin. Moreover, the massage used to apply the product will also contribute to preparing the perineum tissues for the demanding moment of birth. Apply it yourself, or with the support of your partner.
- Texture: oil;
- Skin issues: improvement of flexibility;
- Time of application: from the 34th week of pregnancy, 3-4 times a week;
- Age: 18+;
- Skin type: all skin types;
- Main benefits: helps the perineum to become more flexible and relaxed, ready for childbirth; 100% natural; suitable for vegans;
- Formulated without: silicone, synthetic preservatives, synthesis fragrance, colorants, or raw materials derived from mineral oils.
- Jojoba Oil is a skin-balancing oil, that moisturizes and softens the skin;
- Sunflower seed oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, and fatty acids such as phospholipids and ceramides;
- Sweet Almond oil is rich in skin-nourishing fatty acids, contains several antioxidants, such as vitamin E and vitamin B, and has soothing, softening, and moisturizing properties.
How to use
Apply Weleda Mother Perineum Massage Oil with gentle massage, 3-4 times a week for 5-10 minutes. Besides, it is best used after bathing in warm water and making sure the bladder is empty. Settle into a relaxed, comfortable position. Moisten the thumb (or index finger if your partner is massaging) with Weleda Mother Perineum Massage Oil and glide gently over the tissues, ensuring the massage is painless. Insert the finger into the vagina to around the second finger joint. Massage rhythmically with a light touch on the vaginal wall in a rotating movement. Massage the perineum until a light tingling can be felt, then massage gently the tissue between the vagina and anus. After massaging, the excess oil can be removed by washing in warm water. To conclude, if you have any concerns about perineal massage, please consult your midwife or doctor.
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Fragrance*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*.
*From natural essential oils