Stinging nettle blows away winter cobwebs and gets you into gear from spring. It will spark your burning desire for its refreshing and aromatic herbal taste. It is said that Stinging Nettle, which is sacred to Thor, was used to fend off thunderstorms. The plant is a universally popular all-rounder, which is used as tea, in spring for dishes and even as a fertilizer for plants.
Benefits of Nettle
- Gentle diuretic, helping the body to process and flush away toxins.
- It flushes the kidneys and bladder to prevent and soothe urinary tract infections.
- Nettle tea is ideal for sodium induced water retention and high blood pressure.
- Rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C (10 times more than an apple), vitamin B complex, vitamin E, amino acids and beta-carotene
- It is alkalizing while supporting the immune system, the nervous system, bone stability, the metabolism and skin health.
- Supports breast milk supply for nursing mothers
- Helps with menstruation, reducing heavier flows, and uterine hemorrhaging.
Steep time in minutes: 5-10 / water temperature in °C: 100
Organic stinging nettle