Argan oil is produced by the nuts found on argan trees which are native to Morocco – these nuts contain between 1 and 3 oil-rich argan kernels which is then extracted by cracking and roasting the nuts to produce what we know as argan oil.
Argan oil contains lots of beneficial ingredients for hair care and skin care including:
- Vitamin E – helps maintain healthy skin and hair
- Fatty acids – help to produce the skin’s natural oil barrier so therefore helps to keep skin looking hydrated, plumper, and younger looking
Benefits of Argan Oil
- Boosts elasticity
- Hydrates skin – to prevent dry and flaky skin
- Prevents & reduces stretch marks – the skin regeneration and repair qualities of argan oil help to reduce inflammation and minimise stretch marks
- Prevents & minimises sun spots – argan oil contains a physical filter against UV light which therefore helps to prevent sun damage, and it’s skin repair qualities including Vitamin E help to fade sun spots resulting in happy, glowing skin
- Controls oily skin – argan oil regulated sebum production so your skin is hydrated and won’t begin to overproduce, this is especially useful if you already have oily skin
- Reduces breakouts – reducing sebum production helps to prevent clogged pores leading to breakouts
- Helps other products absorb into your skin – argan oil is ultra-hydrating and aids exfoliation meaning there isn’t a barrier of skin cells for skin care products to act through and it can easily be absorbed into the skin
- Prevents wrinkles – due to it’s highly nourishing and sun protective qualities, skin ageing caused by dry skin and sun damage are reduced
- Apply to the face and/or body while the skin is still damp and gently massage.
- Apply a few drops of argan oil to the lengthens and ends of the hair.
Organic Argan Oil