The Kalamata olive is a large, dark purple olive with a smooth, meaty texture, named after the city of Kalamata in the southern Peloponnese, Greece.
Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) is a European Union definition. PDO products are most closely linked to the concept of terroir — a sense of place discernible in the flavor of the food. PDO products must be produced, processed and prepared in a specific region using traditional production methods.
KALAMATA is one of the healthiest foods
- Good source of fibre, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K.
- Contains phenolic compounds, which are natural antioxidants.
- 100% hand-picked and traceable – from the olive tree to your table
- Black to dark purple in color, almond-shaped and juicy with a characteristic rich fruity flavor.
- Crunchy and full of aromas are the perfect addition to any dish
- Naturally sun-ripened on the tree before harvested by hand to protect their sensitive flesh and marinated in brine with
- An essential ingredient of the Mediterranean & Greek cuisine, ideal for a healthy diet
Kalamata olives, water, salt, vinegar
*Refrigerate after opening and consume within two weeks