Sage (Salvia officinalis) is known for its support of body care vitality. It brings a fresh, herbal aroma to any blend.Aura Cacia Sage typically comes from Austria and Croatia. The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the partially dried leaves.
- The aroma of sage essential oil is described as sweet and herbaceous. It primarily contains the constituents thujone, cineol, borneol, and caryophyllene.
- Warm and penetrating, sage is an effective essential oil for home care and cleansing applications. It is often used in diffusions for stale spaces.
- Sage is useful in skin applications when blended well. For body care, sage is used in massage blends and chest balms. The oil is a wonderful addition to warming blends, especially when it’s cold.
- Ceremonially, sage is perceived to impart wisdom and strength. Its aroma is used in rites and spiritual practices.
- Sage blends well with many other essential oils, including lavender, rosemary and citrus oils.
- Sage is generally considered a top note.
- Quick Tip Diffuse 18 drops to create an invigorated airspace.
- Recipe Sage, Rosemary and Lavender Massage Oil:
5 drops Aura Cacia Sage Essential Oil
5 drops Aura Cacia Rosemary Essential Oil
14 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil
2 ounces Sweet Almond oil
2-oz. Amber Glass Bottle
Combine all ingredients, secure lid and shake gently until contents are well blended. To use, apply 1 to 2 teaspoons to targeted area and massage.
Salvia officinalis (sage) oil.