- Helping with oily hair or dandruff.
- Providing feelings of relaxation and helping to ease stress or anxiety.
- Can be used as as an insecticide, antifungal, or antibacterial agent.
- Helps treating skin conditions such as dermatitis, acne, or dry, cracked skin
- Newly distilled patchouli essential oil has a fresh, green and slightly harsh aroma. As the oil ages, however, it mellows considerably, becoming sweeter and more balsamic. Like fine wine, patchouli improves with age.
- Patchouli blends well with many other essential oils, including sandalwood, vetiver, geranium, neroli, cedarwood, bergamot, jasmine, lavender, cassia, myrrh, clary sage, lavandin, clove, cinnamon and rose.
- Patchouli is known for its grounding, balancing and calming effects.
- Patchouli essential oil is generally considered a base note.